|1. Attractive, creatively designed folder.
2. Cover Letter: A letter of introduction to the specific person you are sending the kit to.
3. Bio: 1 to 1-1/2 pages long. Include: Introductory Statement, Summary of Current Project, Additional Information, Background of Artist/Band, Elaboration of any other key info, Ending Paragraph/Sentence.
4. Fact Sheet: 1 page long! Points out key info on the artist or band from the Bio.
5. Photograph: 8x10 black and white glossy ONLY!
6. Press Clippings: 2 or 3 sheets of Xeroxed reviews.
7. Audio Cassette Tape: 3 or 4 songs that reflect the best of your music.
8. Tape Box with J Card: Typed with song titles, name, copyright info, contact info, credits.
9. Tape Label: Typed with song titles, copyright info, name.
Note: Put contact information on every part of the kit!
Christopher Knab, Music Business Consultant
for Effective Product Development / Promotion / Publicity / Performance
Back to articles index